Current Traffic Concept
At Cologne Bonn Airport, we have a new traffic concept. Part of the concept is a series of barriers with which we hope to improve our traffic routing management and, in particular, access to the terminals. Our aim is to reduce the traffic load in front of the terminals and to increase traffic safety in general. This will noticeably improve the flow of traffic. At the same time, this should ensure that car drivers do not illegally obstruct any keep-clear areas, vehicle lanes and escape/rescue routes, or double park without taking other traffic operations into consideration. This has caused enormous traffic jams on the access ways to the terminals, in particular at peak times.
10 minutes free parking at the Airport (maximum 3 times per day)
Once they have passed the barrier system, guests arriving at the Airport have a ten-minute passage free of charge (maximum 3 times per day), during which they can wait directly in front of the terminal. After these 10 minutes, a higher parking charge will be levied, which increases step by step. For instance, parking for 15 minutes costs 5€, up to 30 minutes 12€. Of course, it is cheaper to use the car parks from the outset, also the short-term parking zones: parking in Car park P2 costs 3€/hour.
- Classic: You take a ticket at the entrance barrier. This ticket will be connected with your license plate and enables the ticketless entry and exit to and off every further car park. If you wish to pay your parking fee at one of our pay stations, you have to insert your ticket there.
- Credit card: On entering and leaving, you lift the barrier by inserting your credit card; you will be automatically billed the amount due.
- Reservation: If you have not entered your license plate during your reservation process, the barrier will be lifted if you read in the QR-Code on you acknowledge mail or with the credit card you used for your payment.
Once you have passed through the barrier system, you can wait in front of the Terminal for up to ten minutes (maximum 3 times per day). After these ten minutes, the following tariffs will apply: Parking for up to 15 minutes costs 5€, up to 30 minutes 12€. Of course, it is cheaper to use the car parks from the outset, also the short-term parking zones.
Within the cost-free 10 minutes (maximum 3 times per day), the ticket will lift the barrier for exit without any additional stamping, if the barrier does not open automatically.
You can pay per credit card directly at the barrier. At the pay stations, you can pay with cash, EC- or Maestro cards as well as credit card (Amex, MasterCard, VISA).
The Airport service staff will check such instances case by case.
No. The ticket taken at the central entry will be connected with your license plate and enables the ticketless entry and exit to and off every further car park. If the barrier does not open automatically, please insert the taken ticket into the card reader.
There is a call button at the pay station or at the barrier; here, you can ask for help from our service staff.
- Car park P2: 3€/hour
- Car park P1: 4.50€/ hour
Latest price information is always available at:
If no lay-by is free, you can use the short-term parking spaces and car parks.
Yes, for instance to collect people arriving or to accompany drop-off guests at the terminal.
There are parking spaces for people with limited mobility in the car parks – these are specifically marked. More information at: www.koeln-bonn-airport.de/parken-anreise/infos-zum-parken
If you want to park in Car park P2 or P3, you will be guided before the barriers. Our flyer on boom gates on access roads has all the details.
Coaches will be redirected, so that they do not have to pass the barriers.
The car park staff can be reached:
- On site: 24/7 in Car park P2, Level 4, in Sector D, or via the call button at the pay station or barrier
- Per e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Per telephone: +49 (0)2203 40-2122